Tuesday 26 May 2009

Photos.....

So, I have finally found my camera, unpacked my charger and found the linking cable thing and here are some photos of the new hovel in all it's glory!

Here is the Sitting Room (one day it will be the kitchen), with it's monumentally scaled fireplace and light absorbing red carpet....



And here it is with my furniture in it...



This is a view of the lean to, homemade conservatory before I painted it...



Now, hang on a moment whilst I run outside and take a photo of the house itself, and of the conservatory repainted....



And here is the view from the house (with the Loyal Hound surveying his new domain)



And finally the house itself



I have more pictures of rooms with furniture in and stuff but those will have to wait as I have to go to Manchester for a meeting and don't have time to upload them.

This weekend has been transforming on the house front. I had a couple of friends to stay and we worked like dervishes each day, painting the conservatory and uncovering flower beds, mowing acres of lawn and moving curtains round. It looks as though I have lived here for a year, not three weeks. The house works brilliantly for filling with friends. This is a good thing as I have 8 for dinner tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, and more people staying this weekend, 12 for lunch on Saturday and TWENTY for lunch on Sunday. I suspected insanity in myself before but now I know it's true.

The structural engineer comes on Friday morning and that will be the critical meeting. If I can afford to take out the wall I want to take out then it will be all change on the house front in the next few months. Keep your fingers crossed it's good news.

17 comments:

Cat said...

Sweetheart, what you have done already! I love it. I love the house. I am so jealous! And that fireplace! Loyal hound looks proud and he should be- look what Mama has given him to protect!

Anonymous said...

That's looks like a very nice hovel. You've done well :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow and good luck with the cooking, rather you than me!

Jean said...

OMG, I'm so green with envy! The loyal hound, the house, the fireplace, the scenery, the garden....you've done very well, considering you bought it from an unwashed bachelor. Have you got rid of the smell yet?

I wish you many happy years there, you lucky girl. If you get fed up with it, we could always do a house swap?!

Jean said...

Oh, and have a fab birthday too!

bevchen said...

Wow, the fireplace is amazing.

And that view is GORGEOUS! Totally jealous! Although I'm not sure I'd want to give up the convenience of living so close to town for any view...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's a fab one.

Mr Farty said...

Love the view, just adorable.

Don't overdo it with the hostessing, just get drunk and enjoy.

Happy Birthday!

Home Office Mum said...

It looks AMAZING! Love the fireplace, the conservatory looks fab and the view is second to none. Do not second guess this house. Once the red carpet is gone(only to be rolled out for future special guests) it will look like a show home!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the gorgeous pictures. I think the house is stunning, how could you have been worried about it!!! We all said that you would soon make your mark on it and you've certainly started off well. Loved the pic of loyal hound 'showing off'. Hope you have a really happy birthday.
Wendy (Wales)

The Singlutionary said...

I wish I lived in the countryside in that castle! I can't imagine having 20 people over. My house would burst at the seams. This is truly a blessing. I understand why you can't stand it and I also see all its potential.

I would just sit there all day looking out over those trees and the lush hillside and sigh. And then look some more and sigh. And then try and read a book and then look up at all that green and sigh some more.

But I guess you're used to that.

Kathryn said...

It looks lovely!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fab house. Sure you don't want to sell just yet? Or swap for a hutch in London??

(I think my kitchen could fit IN your fireplace...)

katyboo1 said...

It looks so Welsh! It's almost made me long for a trip to Aberystwyth...

It's really coming along.

Happy Birthday and let the others do the washing up.
xx

Cal said...

Wow that is one big house. I'm very jealous. And it looks lovely. And as for that fireplace....words fail me.

I do hope you fall in love with it - it looks like it deserves to be loved.

Welsh Girl said...

Cathy - thanks. It is starting to feel like home, finally.
Cynicalscribble, as Hovels go, it could be worse! Birthday was good thanks. Too much wine though...
notSupermum - nearly, yet not quite. It is a bit of a haunting and if I leave the windows shut for too long it returns to remind me of the previous occupants. Eerugh
Bevchen: it definitely takes a certain something to live in the back of beyond! Then again, though I don't have shops anywhere nearby I do have a huge great lake. Photos of it to come.
Mr Farty: I took your words to heart. Wish I hadn't now as my head hurts.
Home Office Mum - the red carpet is being reserved for your visit!
Wendy - thank you!
Singlutionary - I know, I'm a nutter on all fronts. Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather this weekend as though I can do 20 inside if they all sit in different rooms, I'd far rather kick them all outside!
Kathryn - thanks, and thank you for stopping by!
Mud - I know - isn't it the most ridiculously large fireplace ever in the history of the world? Quite nice having the raised hearth though. Everyone seems to sit on it like birds on a telegraph pole. Think I'll hang onto the house for a while if that's ok. It's growing on me.
Katyboo - are you dreaming of a Spar on every corner and wearing three jumpers in the height of summer? A sweet Aberystwyth....
Cal - It is lovely really, particularly when the sun shines on a day like today. It actually almost feels like home now as well. Thanks for coming by!

justme said...

It looks WONDERFUL! And by the time you have finished it all it will be perfect. Can I come and visit?
Sorry I missed your birthday. Am glad to hear it was a happy and sociable one. Have a lovely weekend too. All those guests! I AM impressed!

Rob-bear said...

WOW! What a beautiful place!

Belated happy birthday -- even if you "over-hostessed" it a bit.

May you and hound have many years of joy in the glorious place.

Milla said...

golly it's HUGE. How exciting. great to see you back

internet stats
Rent DVD Movies