Wednesday 18 June 2008

The joys of being childless

Ok, so now it is raining really pretty hard. This is good. I need rain as I was bored of watering the garden and was also (and possibly more importantly) running out of water. So to celebrate this noah like downpour I lit the log burner in the office, put on the radio and pretended to work for a few hours. Actually drank a lot of coffee and diet coke, made a futile plan to go jogging (which I can't bear but feel I should start doing) and read a book. Not much really done on the actual work front then.

Having said all that this is a moment to be grateful for the no children situation. If I had small children (or large ones come to that) then my day would have been a dazed blur of school runs, snot, feeding and feeling inadequate. Now I am not saying that I don't feel inadequate occasionally, I mean unless you are Madonna and believe your own press, everyone feels inadequate sometimes (you all do don't you?? Please say you do and that I am not a freak....), sorry a bit off point there. Getting back to it, I can feel as inadequate as I like because I am not potentially warping someone elses life by doing so - Hurrah. Thought I'd share that with all of you before returning to my book and a new cup of coffee.

No comments:

internet stats
Rent DVD Movies