Monday 23 June 2008

What to do with £50 million?

I had supper with friends on Saturday night - yes, I do have friends. During the second bottle of wine the question of unlimited riches came up, as it likes to. How would you change your life? What would you keep? What would you hire mercenaries to get rid of permanently?

It's an interesting question. There are two ways to answer it. Apply the £50 million to your existing life, or choose to ditch said life entirely and start all over again. I tend to go for the former. I mean most of my more realistic daydreams are based on what might actually be possible, rather than fantasy island stuff. As I don't buy lottery tickets (I rely on finding the winning lottery ticket that some poor sod has dropped!), the chances of this kind of money ever being available to change my life are pretty slim. Consequently my sudden riches daydreams take the form of wanting to change all the carpet in the house, have somebody to iron all my sheets for me and someone to do the mowing. I can't quite get my head around an amount of money that would enable me to have new sheets everyday for the rest of my life.

I also get faintly squirmy at the idea of what I would do everyday if I really didn't have to work ever again. I mean, as you know I am not married, or even dating anyone so how would a single girl pass a lifetime of non financially motivated time????? I'll have to think about it.

No comments:

internet stats
Rent DVD Movies